Monday, December 20, 2010

Great Salt Lake

After taking the picture for "Herman's Sunset", I decided I wanted to venture back out to the Great Salt Lake and get some more pictures for me. With the water so low we had to hike a good ways away from Saltair to get to the waters edge. We went around sundown again since the first trip was so beautiful. At first I didn't see much and began to get disappointed. I started looking around more and noticed the really long shadows everything on the ground were casting. The long shadows combined with the deep ridges from where the water once was looked stunning to me. So I grabbed this quick shot and moved on so I could get my sunset shot before I missed it.


Between taking shots of the sunset I moved from spot to spot often, staring at the ground every time I moved (mostly because it was still very wet). I noticed a foot print in the sand surrounded by some different shaped ridges. It made me think about the good times I had in California with my friends and how much I missed it. I grabbed a shot of it, mostly as a reminder of good times.


After walking down the shoreline for about an hour I figured I was done, deciding this was my best shot.


But, before walking back to the car I noticed another little tide pool that suited my wants more. I waited a little longer for the sun to set more to get more red out of the shot. I am very glad I waited, here is the final result of my shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment