Monday, December 20, 2010

Big Cottonwood

Oh what a day this was.. I was trying to get pictures of the changing leaves over the river, but the leaves were not quite there. I didn't want to go home empty handed so i decided to still get a few shots. We parked by the switch-back in the canyon and walked over to the river. I found a spot a little ways down stream that would suit my needs, but was a paid to get to. I had to climb down an embankment while holding my camera on the tripod. The worst part, the bushes had thorns. I got to my spot and set up my tripod with the back two legs in the dirt and the front resting on a boulder with a flat face that slid towards the water. I got finished setting up and went to take a shot, forgetting I had a hat on. What I also forgot was that my hat was holding my $85 pair of Electric Technician sunglasses. I took of my hat and turned it around flinging them straight into the river where they were quickly swept off. At this point, I was LIVID, my wife quickly calmed me down and reassured me we could go by another pair after we finished. Luckily, my shots turned out great!

Cost of great pictures: Blood, Skin and really expensive sunglasses.




No comments:

Post a Comment